Pete and Repeat
If you'd had told me back before the summer of '92 that my over-the-hill 31 years old self would run up (and down!) the 1/2 mile Presidio Gate hill (pictured below) 14 times in less than 2 hours, I'd have asked you if I'd be using Little Mac from Mike Tyson's Punchout or Turtle from World Class Track Meet on the Power Pad as my avatar. Surely it wouldn't be *me* doing the running!
No? Nothing?
OK, fine. I'd have thought that these guys split the Gold Medal in the decathlon, became President and Supreme Court Justice respectively, and I was abiding by a new Amendment to the Constitution.
Tumbleweed? You're tough but fair.
I'd have thought that I had been pitifully imprisoned by this guy, on account of my foolishness, and I was taking part in some sort of work release program.
Fine. I got nothing.
Come along with me, won't you? (Hi Mom! Press the up arrow in the middle of the map, stay on Presidio Blvd.)
Now if you'll please excuse me, I have to rapidly press A followed by B in succession. I feel like I just got a TKO from Tokyo.

4 Comments:
That sounds hard
is that a 1 or 1.5 percent grade hill?
Good one.
According to sfbike.org (http://www.sfbike.org/download/Presidio_Bike_Map_2009.pdf), most of it is 5-10%, with one 10-18% section.
In conclusion, it's not my fault you can't grow facial hair.
World Class Track Meet on the Powerpad! I'm pretty sure that the Fargo Petry's wrote the book on prevailing in that game.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home